At times, while using the QuickBooks Desktop application in multi-user mode, there are possibilities that you might get stuck with the “QBDBMgrN Not Running” error. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a feature introduced by Intuit that allows multiple users to utilize the data file and the database on the hosting server where the company file is stored. This error blocks the users from accessing the company file that is placed on the host server. In addition to this, whenever you encounter this error, it will present you with an error message that shows “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” or “Windows Firewall: Disabled exceptions not defined“ when you switch QB to Multi-user mode.
Are you stuck with an error message “QBDBMgrN Not Running” while switching to multi-user mode? Don’t worry and dial our QuickBooks Error support helpline number 855-948-3651 and talk to our experts for an instant solution to fix it.
Reasons that brings forth the “QBDBMgrN Not Running” error
- A damaged Network Data file (.ND) may cause this error.
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service on your workstation may be responsible.
- If the third-party firewall is obstructing access to the QuickBooks might be one of the reasons that strike this error.
- Also, the error might pop up due to an outdated version of QBDBMgrN.
What are the side-effects of the “QBDBMgrN Not Running” Error?
- It obstructs you from working in a multi-user environment over the network.
- You might face difficulty in accessing the data file on your PC.
- When you encounter this error, you won’t be able to write the data file.
- QuickBooks accounting application will interrupt you from connecting to the internet network connection.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Database Server Manager Not Running error
We know that dealing with such dreadful errors in QuickBooks is a very challenging task. To help you out, we have explained all the easy-to-understand and straightforward troubleshooting steps to rectify this error as soon as possible.
Solution 1: Initiate with Updating Windows Firewall
Users might often end up with this error if they use the older version of the Windows Firewall. So, to fix this issue, it is essential to update it by following the instructions below.
- The first and foremost step is to launch the Run Window by pressing the Windows and R keys together.
- In the Run dialogue box, type “Control Panel” and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Move to the System and Security and then launch the Windows Firewall.
- Now, beneath the Update Your Firewall Settings, you need to select the Check For Updates option.
- Finally, if you see any latest updates, click the Update Now option and wait patiently until the update process continues.
- Reboot your PC and relaunch the QB.
Solution 2: Restart QBDBMgrN service
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run box.
- After this, you need to type “.msc” in the search box and then click OK to move further.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the services like QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27.
- Soon after this, you need to choose the required service and then click Restart.
In this blog, you will get all the possible solutions to deal with the “QBDBMgrN Not Running” error. If you still encounter any issues while fixing the error, call our technical support team by dialing the contact number 855-948-3651.